Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Popcorn's Tadbit Tuesday

Popped in to type some quick thought kernals for you to munch on this fine Tuesday. Today I'm just feeling a tadbit tired. Older Kona waitress Popcorn child is wearin' me out I mean OUT. She, like her dad Mr. Popcorn, gives everything her allllll. When she takes on anything she becomes an "aholic" about it. Workaholic, exerciseaholic, freindshipaholic, starbizzleaholic, girlfriendaholic, red bullaholic, hair productsaholic, see? She's in her workaholic mode and keeps taking on more than just one shift, calls it "a double". The late hours she keeps is hard on Popcorn trying to get her shuteye. I like to go to sleep and then not wake up before I have to get up, but lately...oy...I dread the summer with college Popcorn's late hours thrown into the mix... I plead with her to take it easy on the working but of course that just fans the aholic embers in her soul the minute I offer a word of advice....I'm also feeling a tadbit hyper because I got up super way early and got ready for the day so now it's 10:30 a.m. and I've, as my dad used to say, "done a hafaday's work". It feels good. Funny how the early morning hours if taken advantage of really elongate the day and multiplies productivity over here at Popcorn's house. The more I realize how much I am getting done and it isn't even lunch, it spurs me on to get with it and get some more accomplished. Maybe jumping out of bed is the answer to the heinous feelings of largess experienced last week. That the same phenom that spurs me on the more I get done works in reverse...the more I waste of the morning, getting zero done, zero times 1000 does not get accomplished. I'm a tadbit restless seeing as how the house is spic and span...so off to run some errands. How about you? Hope you're feeling a tadbit good this April Tuesday. xxoo

3 comments:

majorsteve said...

Popcorn,

You are obviously a high energy person the way you run every day, blog every day, your attention to getting errands done and your not feeling comfortable sitting around doing pretty much nothing. I get that. I just pray that you and your family achieve and maintain Balance. Just like the snake sticks that sneak up on your peripheral vision, you shoudl beware of wide swings in mood and physical energy. Sometimes this starts with not being able to sleep, unusually high energy, racing thoughts, near euphoria. If you recognize any of these symptoms in yourself or your loved ones I pray that you will take appropriate action.

Popcorn said...

I know I do sound a little bi po from one post to the next...not to worry ms. All's well with Popcorn. The pedulum doesn't swing too far in either direction. : )

majorsteve said...

Good.Now that's what I'm talking about. I've had my own periods when anythinig worth doing was worth overdoing.