Thursday, April 3, 2008

Pedaling Popcorn (this post dedicated to Gayle, my friend and spin instructor extraordinaire)

Have you ever been to a spinning class? The music is pulsing, the fans are whirring, the sweat flies. It's fun because you can close your eyes if you want to and get lost somewhere in your head. No talking required. I'm sort of a loner when I exercise. I don't want to chat, I want to work hard and sweat and think my thoughts. I cannot do that and make chit chat. I like to sit on the back row of bikes, wear a baseball cap with the bill pulled down low, and just be an anonymous rider. I encourage you to try a class out! Go ahead! The bikes are kinda intimidating the first time you go and have to adjust the handles and seat height, but after the first time you'll feel like a pro. Nothing special required..some will have spin shoes that clip in to the pedals, but that's not necessary. Just wear your regular tennies and strap yourself into the pedals and get ready to have fun while you spin off a ton of calories. See excercise invigorated Popcorn above right demo-ing proper spin bike posture and attire. I gotta go, class today at 9:15 : ) xxoo

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Is that like in the movies where the ladies are biking but, not sitting. Like their booties are high in the air and their gossiping?