Friday, April 18, 2008

Popcorn's Paralysis


This morning is beautiful, it's raining. The wetness emphasizes the "greeness" and lushness of the trees and shrubs outside. The rain hitting the window only exacerbates my current situation, that of paralysis. I have so many odd random things that I have to get done today, I find myself frozen. Nothing on my to do list is fun. So my way of pouting I guess is just to feel inert. Static. I can't move. This happens to me when I have things pending that absolutely must must must get done. Like make store returns. Ick. Or get something notarized. Yuck. Or write a letter of recommendation for someone. Argh. Or deep clean house including drawer purging when company is coming. !@#$. Or call about getting crack in windshield fixed. whew. I used to be a jackrabbit. I could get it all done in two hours, whatever I had to accomplish. Not any more. Something happened to my get-up-and-go ness. As Lucy Ricardo would say, "it got up and went". So here's how I'm going to deal with it this a.m....I'm crawling back under the covers for while....

4 comments:

majorsteve said...

If your get up and go done got up and went then you need to rest, maybe not physically but mentally, emotionally. That "get up and get after it" feeling you have when you're hitting on all cylinders, happy, energetic, getting everything done, that feeling basically originates in the brain. It's a complex give and re-uptake of several neurotransmitters, dopamine being the one primarily responsible for that feeling of reward we get when doing things like chores. Just rest a bit Popcorn. If you had the flu and had to spend a few days in bed getting nothing done, I promise you the world would not come to an end, in fact, its possible that no one would even notice.

majorsteve said...

Wait, that didn't sound quite right, I mean we would all notice since we all care about you and would feel bad that you were sick but all those little detail about cleaning out drawers and taking things back to the store, no one would notice if those things were deferred for a day or two.

Super Churchlady said...

As I sit here in my pajamas - I'm having the same paralysis. I think what I really need is a good kick in the butt. My son asked me on the way to school today -- "Mom - what are you going to do today?" I said - "why, Jack?" He said - "I just wonder what you do everyday."

Ouch.

Popcorn said...

MS-rest, music to my ears. I think you are correct and plan to do just that..thanks for the very good advice.

SLC-did you get that kick in the butt that you needed and feverishly accomplish tons today? Jack's question cracks me up. Sweet that he was giving it that much consideration, isn't it?