Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday Moanin' at Popcorn's: PMS Really Means Purchase More Shoes...at least that's my take on it






Texas Junk Company. Have you heard of it? If not, you need to. I finally pinned my ears back and set my mind (to quote my granny) to finding it and whoa nelly! It was as much fun for me as going to Warrenton but minus the drive. This place specializes in used boots.Cowboy boots. Men's, women's and children's. It is a shack of a "warehouse" looking joint. The boots are displayed on plywood shelves around the walls of the building. Scraps of paper with shoe sizes written in black sharpie are taped to the shelves. Didn't wear socks? No biggy. Just grab a mismatched "pair" off the worn out ladder in the back room, pull up a garage sale chair, wipe off the dust and try on away! You might want to make sure your socks are the same thickness for both feet...I hit the jackpot Saturday. I found some killer red ones. Listen, don't try to get a better price out of the guy (like I did) because he won't budge. He knows he can sell those boots to the next person that walks through the door. He's recently been written up in Lucky magazine. He says since then he has not gone one hour, literally, between customers. His prices are good! They start at about 25 and go up from there. Most of the boots I tried on were 65.00 or so. So git on over there padna!

1 comment:

Super Churchlady said...

uh. you are KILLIN' me! I'm peanut butter and jealous in the worst way.