Tuesday, April 15, 2008

BRAG ALERT!!! Young Popcorn's 1000% Effort and guess what color his eyes are?




I'm so proud of all three of my kids. In my extremely biased opinion, they are all three the sweetest, funniest, wittiest, prettiest, handsomest, most caring, thoughtful, polite, selfless, God fearing people, along with my precious man, on the planet. Period. I adore them. The little guy, the one who when Mr. Popcorn said "babe, it's a boy", I responded, "really, you're kidding?!" We had two little blue-eyed (just like daddy), bow-headed angels and we just totally expected another one. We envisioned three little stairstep girls. Sometimes I would say "wouldn't it be a miracle to someday have a little baby boy with brown eyes like me?" But truly, that would be too amazing for it to really happen...wouldn't it? But lo and behold, surprise! The boy name waiting in the wings now had an owner. Our good friend Randy announced it on the radio that morning and we had friends calling us saying, "hey, I just heard ya'll had the baby on the radio! Congrats!" The baby is now, well, much older and of course taller, than me... A fact he relishes. He approaches me from behind and lifts me up over his shoulder and carries me through the kitchen like a sack of potatoes. He loves that. I don't. This kid is just like his dad. Whatever he does, he gives it his all. 1000% plus. Piano? Loves to play so knows he must practice, and does. Saxophone? Walks around the house with it strapped on playing as he goes...first chair two years of middle school. Broke band director's heart when he quit band to play football in high school...which he gives his all in hot south Texas August heat. Never complaining. Works in VBS each summer. Helps in children's church. Makes good grades. Runs track with his guts hanging out. Shoots hoops with abandon. Listens earnestly at friends' Bar and Bat Mitzvah's, and their kid sisters', too. Takes friends to our church regularly. Prays for friends. When I say something like "oh gosh, you need a new calculator, that one is a dinosaur" he says, naa, this one's fine mom". "Oh babe, man we need to go shopping for some new shorts" "naa, I like the one's I have". SO low maintenance... And ever since he was big enough to sit in the real car seat with a real seatbelt, I've always have a little secret race with myself to see if I can beat him obediently putting on his seatbelt...and I never have. He's quick draw McGraw. The way he lives his life is an inspiration. And he has brown eyes.

6 comments:

Super Churchlady said...

C is the best!! Totally Brag Worthy. Love that boy. He's so...."cozy" (inside joke)

You know - everyone in my family has either green or blue eyes. My sister and I have green and the rest of the family has blue. So..when I had Jack and Mer, I was freaked out that they have the darkest, almost black, brown eyes. Their eyes are beautiful - but that color was so foreign to me.

I wonder sometimes if I would have had a 3rd child if that child would have had green eyes. (Let's hope we never find out!)

Meredith said...

Aww, Cozy Charlie's a good one.

Popcorn said...

Aww come on SCL, it's never too late!

Mer...you're a cozy one too honey bunch.

majorsteve said...

Pop, I admire and respect that boy (er..young man)and not having ever met him. I just know that this is a fine person. I love your blog

Popcorn said...

SCL I wonder if there's something about pg # 3 and eye color shift?...I bet majorsteve would know. Do you ever let your mind wonder and imagine what all the children we didn't have would look like? Now I've gone and made my Popcorn self sad. : (

speaking of majorsteve. thanks for enjoying my blog and right back atcha mr. I loved reading 240$ worth of blog.. I demand an encore!!! Bring it back man, please!

Super Churchlady said...

Pop -

Yes - I do wonder about that. I had a miscarriage when Mer was 8 months old. I was barely pregnant and it was a total surprise (obviously - I had an 8 month old!) but I have wondered about what that child would have looked like. Maybe green eyes?