Monday, April 28, 2008

Popcorn's Pace: From Now On, Speedy Gonzales



It seems that any task that I choose to engage in, I can (and many times do) make it an all day project. Cleaning up a room turns into rearranging it, straightening a book shelf turns into painting the whole bookcase a new color, clearing off my dresser for umteenth time turns into organizing my jewelry... walking dogs, washing cars, watering plants.... blah blah blah...none of these things should take longer than an hour at the very very most. What's my problem??? Once I get into something, the longer I work at it, the more I want to perfect it. My goal is to just do something and be done with it. I think this is why I procrastinate so badly because I know I will make something more than it has to be. I get so bogged down in the thing. Mr. Popcorn can jump up and say he's going to go out and wash the car and be back in a jiffy and there's a gleaming car in the driveway. So now that I have unloaded myself of this secret flaw, I'm letting it go from this moment forward. From now on I resolve to be Speedy Gonzales around here!

No comments: