Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Popcorn's Petals and Prayers: The Wait Is On

My sweet, green-thumbed friend Ann delivered some iris plants to my front door last week. I planted some in the front yard, some in the back yard, and then some more in the front yard. Today I put the last two in the ground. She told me I will now have to wait until next spring to enjoy the beautiful purple blooms. Next spring?! A whole year from now? Mercy sakes. Good things come to gardeners who wait I suppose. Good things are worth waiting for....like cherry pie to come out of the oven, for a baby to come out of the oven, so to speak..., for Christmas to get here... for a prayer to be answered... I think that may be the hardest wait of all. We lift a prayer request to God and we so want it to be answered right now. Today. Or at least this week. This month Lord? Oh please let it be within the year....We have to wait and sometimes wait and wait and wait. It's not easy. But like those gorgeous purple blooms I am promised next spring, God's perfectly timed solutions to our prayers are more beautiful than we could ever imagine.

No comments: