Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Popcorn's Haunts and Hangouts






Today was totally fun. What did you do that was so fun Popcorn? You might ask yourself...Well, I made my rounds. I had no commitments today other than my normal chauffeur duties at the usual times. So in between, the day was all mine. So I put on my running garb to give self comfort that I would get a run in sometime today, just not right now. Here's how a perfect day lines out...left house and headed for Lowe's "electric" aisle. I wanted to check out dimmer switch strengths and how much it would be to up my dining room dimmer switch's ampage. (if not a word, please forgive Popcorn, I can talk plumbing, but not electrical stuff) My "chandelier" keeps blowing ours out. I guess it doesn't have enough juice for all of the little light bulbs..and I miss it when it is out because it casts a pretty light at night. OK, then got hungry so headed to Wendy's for number one with cheese cut the pickles, mayo, ketchup, coke extra ice, small please. Drove back over to Lowe's parking lot and found a shade tree, pulled in, turned on Alistair Begg(wonderful minister/teacher on radio) and had myself a quiet little party. Did I mention the temp was a perfect 63? Breezy, sunny, oh my. From there to Tuesday Morning. Dug around in there for a while, love that place btw, then left for home to get older one to hang with me for a while. We made a beeline for Ulta and sniffed, smeared, painted, and played for a bit, bought our Bare Minerals off we went. Dropped her at work...then picked up little guy,(who, btw took 5th place in the district for the 100 meter dash yesterday, yea!) dropped him home....headed back out to the coup of all d' etats, TJMAXX. Yummy, delicious TJ MAXX. Spent a blissful and fruitful hour there searching for a dress to wear to an upcoming hill country wedding .(bride, who is quite stylish and Junior Leaguey, will don cowboy boots with her wedding dress so rest of us doing same...) Did not purchase dress, but did find all manor of other necessities. Thank goodness I went! Then came home and cooked dinner for my men after eyeballing a good spot for my new precious pink flowers from Lowe's. (yes, went to garden section too, and no, never did run. ; ) I hope your day was perfect too, friend. xxoo

2 comments:

Super Churchlady said...

ahhh........sounds like perfection. Alistair Begg AND TJ Maxx all in one day.

Popcorn said...

utter bliss