Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Rainy Spring Night at Popcorn's


Tonight is, as my precious popson would say, cozy. It has been gently raining outside on and off for a couple of hours or so. Mr. Popcorn and college popcorn are watching Zorro. When asked if I wanted to join them, I said ZORRNO! Clever, huh? If there's anything I don't want to watch worse than I don't want to watch Harry Potter anything, it's Zorro. I just cannot cannot get into too many movies. Sound of Music, yes. The Story of Us, yes... movies like that. But the action packed thriller, the fantasy, the scary, the silly/stupid/slapstick? NO. Cannot tolerate. Would rather clean out a drawer, organize the soup shelf in the pantry, clean out a bathtub ring even. Sitting and staring at a techno-box for hours at a time Popcorn no can do. I sit here piano side listening to musical popson "transcribe" notes from his ipod to the keys of his piano. He is going to record an intro to a song on Mr. Popcorn's cd and is methodically dissecting the notes and rhythms and playing it section by section. Now this is the way to spend a rainy evening. As the school year winds down, evenings like this one are welcome and give us a taste of summer evenings to come. Bring 'em! The Popcorns are ready.

No comments: