Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday Moanin' With Popcorn: Daily With the King


There is a devotional book that I love. Daily With The King, by W. Glyn Evans. It is old and not even in print anymore I don't think. But today, May 19, is very good. The title is "The Lord's Ways Are Right". Mr. Evans writes... God leads me not in a comfortable way, but a right way. The Lord's way means putting me through experiences that most clearly produce His Son's image in me. Since God is leading me to realize an internal, not external, goal, many of my experiences will make no sense in this life. It is not essential that they make sense, it is only essential that God appoints them for me. Therefore, I must walk like a blind man, trusting the hand of my heavenly Father. I must also remember to be thankful for all experiences, since they all "work together to produce the image of Jesus Christ in me.. Since that is the highest good any human being can attain, it will be worth alll the pain and trouble. Since every person is different, he must reach his highest good in a different way from anyone else. That is why my life isn't a duplicate of someone else's. What God has devised for me suits my personlity and makeup perfectly. When I arrive in heaven he wants to be able to say, "I have taught thee in the way of the wisdom; I have led thee in right paths." If I could only see the finished product, as God now sees it, I would spend the rest of my days in unceasing, overwhelming praise. I would sing, "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord." Psalm 37:23. The steps of a man are established by the Lord, and He delights in his way. When he falls, he shall not be hurled headlong; because the Lord is the One who holds his hand" Psalm 37: 23-24 Perhaps knowing these things will make it easier for us to accept circumstances that we do not understand or cannot figure out. There are mysteries that we can't understand this side of heaven, but will eventually realize the secret reasons on the other side. We have to trust Him anew every single day.

1 comment:

Super Churchlady said...

Great advice! I needed it.