Thursday, May 8, 2008

Rearrange Fever





I like to rearrange my furniture, do you? In anticipation of little college kernal's homecoming I've been in rearrange mode. Some major rearranging was called for since her room had become a stash all. All year long I've told self to get up there and take care of that mess, but until I had a pressing deadline, of course I ignored it. dealing with all forgotten "treasures" (crap) got me in a total house mood. I came up with all sorts of creative ideas like taking the brass wheels off of a stupid teacart that I'm so sick of, and putting them on the piano bench, which has always been too low for my ivory tickling taste. I reworked an old iron glass topped table to now serve as desk for college kernals computer, etc. in her room with the newly painted floor. Looks adorable may I say. When I get in these change up moods, I do not leave the house for days. Each little project inspires the next one, and the next... I only leave if forced but then I hurry back home to continue the project so as not to lose momentum.The whole house can become involved and look askew. Paint cans, piles on the stairs, furniture enroute...the process is not pretty. But I know there's a plan and keep working working til it all comes back together. Today I'm going to wallpaper my kitchen with some wallpaper that I bought but forgot about.....then I'm going to move a few cabinets around, then polish some brass cache pots, then do something cute with some old windows....so when you look around and think "where's Popcorn?" you'll know why I've disappeared. I'm probably on the ladder in the upstairs bedroom on the left.

1 comment:

Super Churchlady said...

You are who I want to be, but won't let myself. I'm weird.

I start a little project, but then I can't stand the mess, so I have to get it all up. I lived through a re-model once in my former life and it liked to Kill me.