Thursday, June 26, 2008

Popcorn's Porch Possum




This is what greeted me at my front door tonight as I leisurely returned from my dog sitting duties at my neighbor's two doors down. This creature was huddled in the corner of the porch eating Queen Charlotte's food. Charlotte, sitting a few feet away, patiently surveyed the situation. It didn't seem to phase her that this ugly-tailed visitor was polishing off her dinner. Popson tried to shoo him off, but he cantankerously continued munching. Afraid he would try to run in the front door if we opened it, we opted to walk around to the back door. He stayed there eating for at least 15 minutes. We were able to peer out the window at him and get a really good look at his funny pink toes and his fur, which was furrier than expected. It was messy fur like one might see on the head of an absent minded professor of the human variety. Poor possums, they are just nothing but ugly. But this guy was halfway cute. I found myself glad that he enjoyed a good meal tonight. Charlotte, caught up in a spirit of feline charity, seemed happy to be of help to the less fortunate fellow.

1 comment:

Super Churchlady said...

I got shivers when I saw the picture.


-mer
(I know it says super church lady I'm just too lazy to change it.) =]