Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another Paradox for Popcorn











Did you know:




1. Women can hear better than men., which explains why I grab the remote and press mute when he leaves the room...

2. Women have a better sense of smell than men, which explains my candle fanaticism

3. Men are visual, which is why I always get compliments when I wear a skirt...

4. Women seek to be validated, I guess that's why I get my feelings hurt if my hair cut goes unnoticed

5. Men are subtly encouraged all of their lives to internalize their emotions, which explains why sometimes I don't hear what I want to...

Our pastor is doing a series on men, women and marriage. There are so many differences between men and women that the attraction between us is paradoxically explained. I've posted before on the personality differences between most married couples and how opposites seems to attract. But really the differences begin at a deeper level. He's everything I'm not and I'm everything he's not. The intrinsic differences are what draw us to each other. The thing is, husbands and wives must embrace the differences that are programmed into their very core. Accepting those differences opens a loving window through which we can "see" our beloved's built in needs for contentment. There's only one person on earth that can do this for your mate...so get busy and so will I.

1 comment:

Susanne said...

I really enjoyed that sermon series. I needed to hear it! :)