Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Placid Popcorn

The last few days, well really more the last couple of weeks, I have enjoyed an unusual sense of contentment, peace, well-being, and overall chilled-ness. It feels good. I can't remember the last time I was blessed with a stretch of time where this nothing- going -on -to -speak- of sensation lingered this long. If this feeling pervades your life,then high five up high to you but you're undoubtedly wondering what I'm talking about. But some of you will get it. Some of you will grasp why dull is great. Boring is awesome. Quiet is fab. The busiest I've gotten is quizzing older popcorn for her menu tests at Kona Grill. That menu sounds delish and I work up quite the appetite with each new quizzy session. Back to the issue of contentment...I try to maintain this level of inner mood stability no matter what heinousness is going on around me, but I admit that actually having nothing heinous going on around me makes it so much easier. So thank you God for this lull. Perhaps you're thinking "ok Popcorn, but girl, who really cares?"...I know...my brain is in idle and this is what was on my mind, so not surprisingly Popcorn's Page reflects a certain, well, relaxed tone. All I know is, I'll take it. Wondering what shape your Wednesday is taking...?

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

lull IS fab! i thoroughly agree.
sadly once i get back in the town of jack rabbits and tumble weeds i do not experience this 'lull' you speak of.
im glad for you though.
you deserve it mama popcorn!

Super Churchlady said...

Yeah...there was a time in my life once when I yearned to answer when someone asked what I had been up to - 'oh..nothin' much'

I getcha girl.