Thursday, March 6, 2008

Popcorn's Pad


I love my house, my home, my sanctuary. I love to take my son to school, and come back
home. I like to take the dogs for a walk, then come back home. Run, come home. I like to have whole days where I never even leave the house. I like to drink my a.m. coffee here, have a bite of lunch at the kitchen island, and then eat dinner right here in my breakfast room. I like every chore associated with this place. I enjoy the cleaning and polishing and decorating. The scrubbing, the sorting out, the organizing. I like folding warm, fluffy, white towels and stacking them in the bathrooms. I like lighting candles in the morning and turning on nice music as a backdrop for my daily piddling. I love days like today when howling winds and rain drop the temperature and the windows frost over and I have no place to be but here, at home. When we leave on vacation, while I enjoy myself wholeheartedly, I am always so happy to get back home. Home to my own bed, my own bath, my own nest. It is here that I find comfy, cozy, contentment.

5 comments:

Super Churchlady said...

Popcorn - I've never been to your Pad - but now I want an invitation into your Peaceful Palace (did you catch that alliteration?)

Meredith said...

I love my home too. You said cozy! Charlie ALWAYS says cozy!

Stretchy Pants said...

Your home is how all homes should be - NOT houses! I love to come home, too....Can I come over?

Popcorn said...

stretchy pants: come over any time!

scl: your invitation is an open one!

mer: cozy is char's highest compliment of anything.

elizabeth said...

i am currently home, and im enjoying every moment in this cozy haven!