Monday, March 3, 2008

Patience Please Popcorn


Overall, I am a patient soul. Truly. However, here are some things that make me impatient:

1. Drivers making right turns into parking lots at -0 mph
2. TV watching on a pretty Sat. afternoon (or any day of week)
3. When my printer won't print
4. When my kids procrastinate concerning school projects because I'm the one at the 24 hour Walgreen's getting the poster board
Patience is a "fruit" or evidence that the Holy Spirit is in control of your life. It is an extension of grace to people and situations around you. It is not honking at the car in front of you if she is digging in her purse and doesn't notice the light is red.(be sure to wave because it is probably me.) It is not getting your feelings hurt at a passing remark. It is cutting someone some slack. It is realizing that most of the time what you think was intentional, wasn't. It is gifting someone with the benefit of the doubt. Patience eliminates the need to hold people accountable for every emotional nuance that momentarily stings or annoys. It is a facet of love in action and a refreshing release from the slavery of salving the constant needs of self.




2 comments:

elizabeth said...

I get so happy when I see you have posted another blog. I just want you to keep wrinting. Like one of my favorite books, I just dont want it to end. Im aware of how cheesy that sounds, but you know? I dont really care:) I am going to email you now.

Super Churchlady said...

Thought of you today when I was behind the SLOWEST SLOW-POKE of all time at the motor bank. I really really wanted to honk. Lucky for him my cell rang and it was my husband reminding me that I had just taught the Beatitudes on Sunday. "Blessed are those that don't honk even when they really really want to do so."