Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Popcorn's Piano


I don't know why, but I think grand pianos are so beautiful. The lines of a grand piano are graceful, purposeful, meaningful, and pleasing to my eye. The beauty of the grand piano foreshadows the music it allows its players to coax from its keys. The grand piano lends a room, a house even, a stateliness; a sophistication and formality. It is a beloved part of this house. I love to sit and play it when I am here alone and no one can hear my clunkers when I miss a chord. I just enjoy hearing the sounds that come from it resonating through the house. I love to listen to popson play, he hardly ever hits clunkers. Piano music floating through my house takes me to my happy place and I can't imagine a house without a piano or its music.

2 comments:

Super Churchlady said...

The other night when the electricity was off for 8 hours at our home, Popson, Jack and Jacob sang and played our piano in the dark with the help of a flashlight and I was in the back of the house just enjoying listening to them. It was a little heaven.

Susanne said...

I'm with you!