Monday, October 27, 2008

Popcorn's Perfect Weather




I'm sorry but may I brag?. South Texas has some awesome weather. I like it when it's hot, I like it when it's cold, and I LOVE it when it's cool....like today. October mornings in Texas are a little slice of heaven. My neck of the woods is the perfect place to own a convertible. We have just the right amount of cool to zip around the neighborhood with the top down, a light jacket on, my favorite sunglasses and a pretty scarf around my neck. I turn the heater on so it will blow on my feet and I am telling you it is the coziest spin ever! Zooming around the bend under trees and dappled sunlight is glorious. Sometimes my new driver (favorite son...only son) and I will just pile in the thing at night, me wrapped in a furry blanket, my little McKauley in my lap, and go for a starry- skied drive around the hood. It is so much fun! I swear that's all the happiness I need in life. Cold air, my son driving, my little schnauzer's tongue flappin' in the breeze and stars twinkling in the big Texas sky. I am counting that blessing right here with you as my blog witness. Thank you Lord!

No comments: