Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Popcorn's Pastime: Sitting in the Dentist's Chair


Oh my mercy sakes alive goodness gracious heaven help me good gravy. All I have done all summer long and now into the fall is sit in the dentist's chair with octopus fingers in my mouth. What was it today? A cavity under a thirteen some odd year old crown. My precious dentist friend Carol Ann got out her, and I kid you not dear reader, her tooth saw. That was right after she got out her five inch needle to insert into my lower right jaw. I honestly expected it to come out the other side. There was not enough meat on my inner jaw to accommodate that long needle. She sawed off the old crown and I swear took a jack hammer to the thing, hammered out the decay. ...Then took ten impressions each of which her helper stood behind me and "helped" me hold my jaw "nice and tight". My friend the dentist Carol Ann can thank my friends CP and Sarah for my showing up at 1:00 today. I had double booked a lunch with Carol, realized it, then called her and said, well I have a dental appt....but then called her back and said I am cancelling the dental thing see you at Black Walnut....what did CP say????? Your teeth are more important Mel. Then my friend Sarah called to catch up after hurricane chaos and I whined to her...she said Mel, just go. Get it over with. You've got to go.....so I did. Dang those friends that speak the truth.

1 comment:

Mr Popcorn said...

Personally I love the jaw crank that is inserted so that you can keep your mouth wide as the Grand Canyon. This is supposed to be more comfortable for you but really it is to keep your pie hole open constantly so that the dentist does not need to keep harping "open wider please"!
I totally sympathize......