Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Reflections



It is really cold outside. And gray. This is what I imagine it looks like in cities in the northeast much of the time in winter. Not here though, gray days are really kind of rare. But honestly it is sort of calming because it absolutely subtracts some activities from the realm of possibility and I can sit in peace. So sit I will, and think. One is shopping, one is sleeping, and one is throwing the football with a friend. The weather hasn't kept the boy inside, surprise! Hubby is across the room watching football. The fire is keeping us all cozy and warm. I am going to slowly undeck the halls and have actually started. One tree is down and the Spode is back in its home in the red china cabinet. The deer and the outside lights are back in the garage despite protests from the boy. He loves those deer. He wanted to leave them out the rest of the year. I told him that while that is a lovely thought, there are deed restrictions for that sort of thing. What he doesn't know is that it makes my heart sing to have a 17 year old son that wants Christmas deer in the yard all year long. When we tossed the tree out the front door, I texted all three of them and gave a little heads up so they wouldn't drive up and just see it out there, undecorated and all sad by the curb. The decorations around the house served as a beautiful backdrop to a season of joy for our family. I guess that's why we all hate to see them fade away. It's back to school this week for us and back to our regular routine. I hope you have a great week, I plan to.

No comments: