Friday, July 24, 2009

Popdaughter's Pictures ....sad day

Popdaughter and her baby : (


Popcorn where are the pictures of Europe? It has been so hard for me to swallow, I couldn't even write about it until now.... The reason there aren't any is because her prized possession "her baby" as she liked to call it, was stolen on a night train from Rome to Munich. They had to backtrack to catch their flight home...I tried to get a flight out of Rome once Elise's(poptravelfriend) iphone was stolen (she had already had her camera stolen as well, now her iphone!!, I wanted them OUT of Italy!!) but there was only one economy class seat left, and the other seat was business class with a price tag of 8,000.00. Uh, never mind sweet Lufthansa lady on the other end of the line. I could have had two first class seats, each with a price tag of 20, 0000.00, but alas, not happening either.(those were the actual prices of the tickets, no joke) So on the very last leg of their journey, her camera was taken while she slept. Memory card and all. My heart sinks every time I think of it. So, when I do post some pictures, they will be her friend Kate's shots. There was no identification info on her camera, so there's no possible way for me to even pray it home... no hope that maybe the person who took it will at least mail us her memory card with pictures from Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Germany, and France....the trip of her dreams (and everyone else's)...They are lost forever thanks to a thief. Can you believe it??? Well, she'll go again and take some more pictures. We are all thankful she's home safely and those memories will just have to live on in her stories and in her heart. And to the person responsible for stealing my daughter's camera, if by some odd quirk of happenstance you are reading this, did you know you broke a commandment? THOU SHALT NOT STEAL Not to mention a precious young girl's heart. I'd hate to be you.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I kinda wanted to cry when she told me. I don't know how I would live without MY baby.