Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Popcorn's Post for Tuesday


These verses popped out at me today...the temple of the living God...that's what we are if we call ourselves Christians


For we are the temple of the living God. As God said: I will live in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people. Therefore, come out from them and separate yourselves from them, says the Lord. Don't touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you. And I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters says the Lord Almighty. 7:1 Becasue we have these promises, dear friends, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that can defile our body or spirit. And let us work toward complete purity because we fear God.

2 Corinthians 6: 16b-18; 7:1


Christianity can be faked. We can call ourselves Christians and not behave as one. Are you(am I) faking it? Too interested in being cool? Too interested in being hip? Distracted with things of the world? Your (my) appearance? Your(my) car? Your(my) house? Your(my) hair? Your (my)children? Your(my) image? Your(my) travels?Your (my)fitness/thiness? What "filthy things of theirs" do you (I) touch (obsess about) ?
This gave me pause this morning.

No comments: