Thursday, July 24, 2008

Popcorn's Posse

This is one of my all time favorite pictures. This is the group of women I work with at this little gift shop. I love them, and their dogs. I have worked at Magpies for almost five years and have loved every minute of it. It smells good, lovely music is wafting in the background, it is fun, fun, fun. Magpies has been total therapy for me over these years. "Happy" therapy. The ladies (as we call ourselves, as opposed to the "girls" which are the young teenage girls that work there) share many things in common such as children the same age, four of us have college kids at the same far-flung college, husbands, and yes, dogs. The owner, pictured in the middle with Pearl the maltipoo, got married in May and we all traveled to her hill country wedding, wore boots, and celebrated with her and further bonded...Our biggest hurdle of the day at Magpies is "What color tissue do you think will look good in this bag?" or "What font should we use for this monogram?". One of us knows almost every person that walks through the door and people love that. Our customers say it feels like visiting some one's home when they shop at Magpies. We celebrate each other's birthdays with decadent cakes, we know whose having a root canal, we know who grilled last night, we know whose daughter has a softball game, we know whose mom is coming to town, (and whose mother in law.....), we share recipes for food and for life. These gals are my friends, my sisters, my counselors and my posse. I better go, I have to be there at 9:45...
****dogs and humans left to right****Jackson, Popcorn, McKauley, Raelynn, Lily, Zoe, Peggy, Queso, Sandra, Charlie, Michelle, Sonya, Pedro, Pearl, Megan, Maggie, Stephanie, Susan, Kai

1 comment:

Super Churchlady said...

Ya'll are so cute. I DO love to go in there. I always end up buying more than I intended because I just don't want to leave!!