Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ever Noticed This?



Forever 21 is a great store. It is owned by Christian couple Don and Jin Sook Chang, first generation Korean immigrants. They share the gospel with everyone they meet. They hire Christian designers and the clothes are made here in the states. Mrs. Chang, who attends pre-dawn services every day and strongly encourages her vendors to do the same, makes it a point to give Christians in the industry a leg up, too. "She plucks young designers out of the companies she's working with," he says. "And if they're Christian and religious, she puts them in business." Rowena Rodriguez, a 33-year-old fashion consultant who was born again with Mrs. Chang's help, is one of those lucky designers. "In the short time I worked with Mrs. Chang, my life was transformed, and I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior," she recalls in an email interview. "Mrs. Chang prayed me into the Kingdom! Rodriguez says she has been approached by executives looking for the secret to Forever 21's phenomenal success. "I usually say, 'If you really want to know, I'll tell you. But you won't believe me...The Changs love Jesus!" Wow. Who knew?

1 comment:

Katy said...

That's good to know. We like Forever 21. I've got to rant a little here...I have seen so many girls in Galveston in the past few weeks walking around in tiny, little shorts UNBUTTONED AND UNZIPPED. Now, nothing is really showing except their bikini bottoms, but nothing says "Open for Business" more than walking around with your pants undone. Ick.