Sunday, December 7, 2008

Soulful Sunday


Today our choir sang Michael W. Smith's Son of God. The verses go like this: Son of God, purest light, Lord on high is here tonight. Stepping through this sacred sky, suddenly our eyes behold....heaven's perfect plan unfold, Son of God.


Son of God, love divine, timeless one steps in to die. Who could dream of such a thing? With us now the King of Kings, man and angels bow and sing...singing hallelujah, hallelujah.


It was a complicated arrangement with parts for a solo, a children's choir, a descant, and an ensemble. It was beautiful. My favorite line is "stepping through this sacred sky"...that's what He did. He came out of heaven, down to earth. God wrapped in flesh living here on earth with us. That line really reminded me afresh of the magnitude of what we are celebrating during this advent season. I am grateful for such inspired messages delivered from Him through the beautiful music of Christmas.

2 comments:

Katy said...

I.was.a.blithering.mess. Singing such an amazing song with my husband and 3/4 of my children was almost more than I could stand!

Super Churchlady said...

Mr. Pop did such an outstanding job. (As usual!)